Absolute lemony bliss.
Mum brought some of these down yesterday and it inspired me to make a batch.
I edited the recipe slightly and left out the maple syrup – if you have a sweet tooth…you might miss it!
2 Cups or thereabouts of almond meal
1/2 C of coconut
I Tbs of rice malt syrup
1 Tbs of Coconut oil so that they set nice and firm in the fridge
4 Tbs Almond/brazil/cashew butter – or any nut butter you have
Zest of 2 lemons
2 Tbs of lemon juice (straight off my tree!)
6 drops of lemon oil
2 Tbs Maple syrup if you need them to be sweet! I omitted this 🙂
Coconut to make them pretty
The how to…
- Warm the nut butter, coconut oil and rice malt syrup using a pot of boiling water and a glass bowl, or the microwave.
- Stir to combine and add the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond meal and coconut (I used my food processor…lazy Sunday!).
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix/blend.
- Add the lemon oil, mix/blend.
- Roll into balls and coat with the extra coconut.
- Pop in the fridge to set.
Let me know if you try these!
This recipe was adapted from the Wholefood Simply blog.
Send me a message if you’d like to try the lemon oil that I use! I can pop a sample in the mail if you like! Or visit My doTERRA page to purchase.