Top Ten plus two handy hints for using peppermint oil for you below!!
- Relieve tension in your head – draw a halo over your forehead, temples, around the back of the neck and back up to the forehead.
- Make these healthy, sugar-free bliss balls with it!
- Rub on temples after you wake up for a morning energy boost.
- Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy.
- Place one drop in your mouth to help freshen breath.
- Add a drop to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
- Promotes digestive health, helps reduce bloating, gas and indigestion – dilute rub on the tummy or take 1 drop in a glass of water.
- Use diluted with children to reduce fever by rubbing on the bottoms of the feet.
- Scare the spiders away with it! – Dilute in a glass spray bottle and mist around doors and windows.
- Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up. Rub the rest on the back of your neck for a boost! Especially good for teachers at the end of the school day.
- Add to a cold water compress or foot bath to cool off – especially over summer or during times when you might feel hot (I’ve seen people combat menopausal hot flashes using it in a spray bottle with water or a drop on the back of the neck too).
- Make a healthy chocolate with cacao, coconut oil, a bit of rice malt syrup and a few drops of peppermint oil.
All of these uses specifically relate to the oils that I use which are certified pure, therapeutic grade with no synthetic fillers or chemicals, just pure plant extracts. Many that you purchase contain these fillers so another reminder… carefully read all labels!