Absolute lemony bliss.
Mum brought some of these down yesterday and it inspired me to make a batch.
I edited the recipe slightly and left out the maple syrup – if you have a sweet tooth…you might miss it!
2 Cups or thereabouts of almond meal
1/2 C of coconut
I Tbs of rice malt syrup
1 Tbs of Coconut oil so that they set nice and firm in the fridge
4 Tbs Almond/brazil/cashew butter – or any nut butter you have
Zest of 2 lemons
2 Tbs of lemon juice (straight off my tree!)
6 drops of lemon oil
2 Tbs Maple syrup if you need them to be sweet! I omitted this 🙂
Coconut to make them pretty
The how to…
- Warm the nut butter, coconut oil and rice malt syrup using a pot of boiling water and a glass bowl, or the microwave.
- Stir to combine and add the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond meal and coconut (I used my food processor…lazy Sunday!).
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix/blend.
- Add the lemon oil, mix/blend.
- Roll into balls and coat with the extra coconut.
- Pop in the fridge to set.
Let me know if you try these!
This recipe was adapted from the Wholefood Simply blog.
Send me a message if you’d like to try the lemon oil that I use! I can pop a sample in the mail if you like! Or visit My doTERRA page to purchase.
- 1 cup dry roasted cashews
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup (you can use dates or honey if you prefer)
- 5 drops doTERRA peppermint oil
- pinch of salt
- Place the cashews and coconut into your processor and blend until the mixture resembles a coarse flour. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture is well combined and sticking together. Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls and place into the fridge to set.
- Enjoy the deliciousness!
Recipe adapted from Wholefood Simply
This recipe is so super easy, let me know if you try it out!
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbs almond meal
- 1 Tbs cacao
- 1/4C almonds (macadamias, cashews, any nuts!)
- 1/4C Sunflower seeds (or pepitas!)
- 3 drops of doTERRA On guard blend.
- 1 Tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 Tbs coconut oil melted
- 1 slice ground, dehydrated orange
- 1-2 dates or dried figs
Soak dates to soften in a small amount of boiling water.
Pop all dry ingredients in a food processor.
Blitz until you get the desired consistency.
Add the rice malt syrup, essential oil, fruit (optional!) and coconut oil.
Blend until well combined.
Use your hands to roll the mixture into balls.
Makes approx. 12
So many exchanges can be made for all the ingredients in this recipe. Just make sure it’s the right consistency when you blend and VOILA!
If you have questions about essential oils, comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I have a limited number of samples of On Guard so if you’d like some immune support for the coming cold months, just sing out!
Here’s a little info about the On Guard blend…