I use this oil A LOT. I’ve popped a few different ways to use it below so you don’t get stuck in a ‘just with your linen’ rut. If I’ve missed any, I’d love you to share how else you use it!
Lavender oil is steam distilled from the flowers of the plant. It synergistically helps to soothe and calm the nervous system and can reduce anxious feelings, promoting calm and increasing self awareness.
- Massage 1 drop in your moisturiser into your face or body. It’s also nice in rubbed into your skin in almond or coconut oil with with Wild Orange and Frankincense so that you can smell it throughout the day.
- 1 drop in your mascara bottle extends its life and promotes healthy eyelashes.
- Bites or Stings – used neat, straight on the site.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or the bottoms of feet to prepare for a restful night’s sleep or in a cold mist diffuser in your bedroom.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
- Add Lavender to bath water to soak away stress, or apply it to the temples and the back of the neck.
- Use it in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Lavender makes a great addition to any hair treatment, shampoo, or conditioner. It can help keep the scalp looking clean and healthy.
- Pop a few drops in with your wash or softener cycle.
- Place a drop in your vacuum cleaner so that the scent is then diffused through the house as you clean.
All of these uses specifically relate to doTERRA essential oils – they are certified pure, therapeutic grade with no synthetic fillers or chemicals, just pure plant extracts. Many that you purchase contain these fillers so carefully read all labels!
If you’d like a sample of doTERRA Lavender Oil or you’re interested in purchasing, get in contact with me via message, on my Facebook page, Healthy Erin or via my doTERRA page
My friend Courtney, what a bright spark she is!!
She put me onto a clever little app that leads your through how to detox all areas of your life.
The ‘Detox me’ app includes sections for food and drink, cleaning, home, personal care, clothing and children and asks prompting questions to get you thinking about what you can do to gradually modify each.
It’s gentle, easy and allows you work at your own pace.
Baby steps to big change.
Give it a try and share how you go below!
Oops, meant to share this a little while ago after I posted the photo to Insta…
This was a nice little mid-weekend dinner and would also be perfect mid week to use up the random veg you have in the fridge or freezer. Another handy little fridge/freezer combo surprise!
The recipe is from Sarah Wilson’s Simplicious cookbook – I’ve shared my SW obsession in the past…nothings changed!
My version included…
- Chopped up pumpkin puree
- Broccoli florets chopped up nice and small.
- Cherry tomatoes cut into halves or quarters
- Small squares of haloumi
- A few random bits of capsicum
- 1 egg per ramekin/mug
- A sprinkling of cheese for each ramekin
The how to…
- Pop the ingredients in a ramekin greased with coconut oil.
- crack the egg into each and give it a little whisk
- Top with cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned
You can also make these in mugs, par cook and take them to work to microwave and eat on the run!
Every wondered about the warnings on mouthwash bottles not to swallow the ingredients?
- Most conventional mouthwashes are alcohol based and have a high alcohol content.
- There have been studies done confirming the association between this ingredient and oral cancers*
- Some of the other common ingredients like saccharin and formaldehyde (yes. Formaldehyde!) have been indicated in eye, nose and throat irritation and as triggers for migraines.
- Many also contain synthetic colourings
So what to use instead to bust the bacteria naturally?
Here’s a great little recipe that Belinda from Happy Health shared recently. It’s too good not to share!
- 3/4 C water
- 2 drops doTERRA peppermint oil
- 2 drops doTERRA spearmint oil
Place all ingredients in a jar and give them a little shake.
Swill in your mouth after brushing morning and night for minty fresh breath!
The doTERRA oils are safe to ingest so if you accidentally swallow a little bit, it’s completely fine! Despite this, the reason you want to spit this rinse out is because the aim of using the mouthwash is to kill and clear bacteria from your mouth before you go to bed and when you wake up. This prevents them taking up residence further down in your gastrointestinal tract.
An added bonus…peppermint oil also promotes optimism, and strength in the face of emotional or difficult times. Spearmint is the oil of confident speech, clarity and courage. How could they not start your day in a positive way!
If you want to give this mouthwash a try or are interested in purchasing some oils to detox your home, head to mydoterra.com/ecole or reach out via my website or Facebook page.
Have a great Sunday!
*McCullough, MJ and Farah, CS (2008) The role of alcohol in oral carcinogenesis with particular reference to alcohol-containing mouthwashes
I was halfway through whipping up a recipe the other day that called for 3 eggs.
Opened the fridge, peered in expectantly.
A handy solution if you ever run out of eggs, you’re trying to bake or you just feel like going vegan for a day!
Replace each egg with 1 Tbs Chia and 3 Tbs water, stirred to an ‘eggy’ consistency.
Can you believe it?
It totally worked and my meatless tofu balls were saved.
Also, the benefits of chia seeds are endless.
Here’s a little link if you’re interested!
- 1 cup dry roasted cashews
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup (you can use dates or honey if you prefer)
- 5 drops doTERRA peppermint oil
- pinch of salt
- Place the cashews and coconut into your processor and blend until the mixture resembles a coarse flour. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture is well combined and sticking together. Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls and place into the fridge to set.
- Enjoy the deliciousness!
Recipe adapted from Wholefood Simply
This recipe is so super easy, let me know if you try it out!