Absolute lemony bliss.
Mum brought some of these down yesterday and it inspired me to make a batch.
I edited the recipe slightly and left out the maple syrup – if you have a sweet tooth…you might miss it!
2 Cups or thereabouts of almond meal
1/2 C of coconut
I Tbs of rice malt syrup
1 Tbs of Coconut oil so that they set nice and firm in the fridge
4 Tbs Almond/brazil/cashew butter – or any nut butter you have
Zest of 2 lemons
2 Tbs of lemon juice (straight off my tree!)
6 drops of lemon oil
2 Tbs Maple syrup if you need them to be sweet! I omitted this 🙂
Coconut to make them pretty
The how to…
- Warm the nut butter, coconut oil and rice malt syrup using a pot of boiling water and a glass bowl, or the microwave.
- Stir to combine and add the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond meal and coconut (I used my food processor…lazy Sunday!).
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix/blend.
- Add the lemon oil, mix/blend.
- Roll into balls and coat with the extra coconut.
- Pop in the fridge to set.
Let me know if you try these!
This recipe was adapted from the Wholefood Simply blog.
Send me a message if you’d like to try the lemon oil that I use! I can pop a sample in the mail if you like! Or visit My doTERRA page to purchase.
So the word is out! Thanks to Steve’s clever post of the photo collage, it’s finally Facebook official! We’re expecting our first baby on April the 6th.
So why the DIY epsom salt bath you ask?
I’ve been trying lots of things throughout the first half of the pregnancy to help reduce the stress and craziness of life. Things that help me (read: force me!) to slow down.
I’ve been very lucky in terms of morning sickness – very few issues in this department. We’ve had a few other things to keep our minds occupied at the beginning of the pregnancy so it hasn’t been without its ups and downs and stressful times.
Some of the things I’ve been up to while keeping the news quiet…
- Practicing yoga – with Yoga in Daily Life
- Being mindful – Listening to and implementing lots of Rachael Kable‘s suggestions from ‘The Mindful Kind’ podcast.
- Saying NO – when I can and sometimes when I just have to. This is something that’s really hard for me to do!
- Visiting a Chinese medicine practitioner for acupuncture – Silvia at Chi Temple… so lovely and helpful! She has also hooked me up with supplements and given me a multitude of suggestions and much appreciated advice throughout my pregnancy. You can also find her on Facebook here
- Using essential oils – like they’re going out of fashion (but only since I got out of the get-me-away-from-that-smell-now phase!)
- Trying to get plenty of sleep – another boon for me. Self-proclaimed night owl!
This epsom salt DIY bath is next on my list to try.
Now to make time to give it a go!
Here’s how to make a jar for yourself…
It’s as easy as mixing all of the ingredients and storing them in a random and hopefully recycled jar!
- 2 C Epsom salts
- 1/2 C Baking Soda
- 30 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Dried lavender (optional – I only added it as I had some from mum that she dried!)
I’ll let you know how it goes when I try it!!
Adapted from a recipe shared on the doTERRA everyday blog
If you’d like a sample of Lavender or Peppermint Oil or you’re interested in purchasing, get in contact with me via message, on my Facebook page, Healthy Erin or via my doTERRA page