I use this oil A LOT. I’ve popped a few different ways to use it below so you don’t get stuck in a ‘just with your linen’ rut. If I’ve missed any, I’d love you to share how else you use it!
Lavender oil is steam distilled from the flowers of the plant. It synergistically helps to soothe and calm the nervous system and can reduce anxious feelings, promoting calm and increasing self awareness.
- Massage 1 drop in your moisturiser into your face or body. It’s also nice in rubbed into your skin in almond or coconut oil with with Wild Orange and Frankincense so that you can smell it throughout the day.
- 1 drop in your mascara bottle extends its life and promotes healthy eyelashes.
- Bites or Stings – used neat, straight on the site.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or the bottoms of feet to prepare for a restful night’s sleep or in a cold mist diffuser in your bedroom.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
- Add Lavender to bath water to soak away stress, or apply it to the temples and the back of the neck.
- Use it in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Lavender makes a great addition to any hair treatment, shampoo, or conditioner. It can help keep the scalp looking clean and healthy.
- Pop a few drops in with your wash or softener cycle.
- Place a drop in your vacuum cleaner so that the scent is then diffused through the house as you clean.
All of these uses specifically relate to doTERRA essential oils – they are certified pure, therapeutic grade with no synthetic fillers or chemicals, just pure plant extracts. Many that you purchase contain these fillers so carefully read all labels!