Are you searching for ideas of what to take as work or school snacks??
I’ve made two of the IQS recipes in the last week which are perfect for a little lunchtime treat if you have a chance to get into the kitchen.
Butterfly cupcakes (which I just put the icing on instead of phaffing about with wings. Who can be bothered really!?
Or what about the crazily good zest and poppy cookie made with almond meal (NOTE: Mal…no gluten!!)
Also remember that both of these options are still sweetened (albeit naturally with stevia) so enjoy in moderation!
Here’s a few other random ideas, mainly using things that you might already have in the fridge or pantry…
- Natural yoghurt with fresh or frozen berries – thrown in a container with a smidge of granola and you’re good to go!
- Mixed, unsalted nuts and seeds – any that you have at home will do! Almonds, brazil nuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds. Admittedly its great if you have time to activate your nuts (oh god. did I just say that?) But seriously, soak for a few hours and then place on the lowest heat possible for 12 hours – yes 12 hours! Have you tried making your own spiced or tamari nuts? Another nudge in the ‘get inspired and creative’ direction. So simple!
- Chia pudding (made in the morning and left for a short period of time it will thicken and turn pudding-y. Served with berries and a sprinkle of sugar-free granola. For a chocolatey kick, add cacao powder.
- 1/4 of avo and a sprinkle of feta or ricotta, a little salt to taste – perfection! Especially if you pack this straight back into the avo skin you’ve scooped it from to serve! Serve with mountain bread (thin, flat bread), celery or carrot sticks.
- Celery or carrots with a bit of cashew cheese or nut butter.
- Popcorn – popped yourself!
- Homemade cream cheese (just strain the curds from the whey of natural yoghurt and then refrigerate) mixed with a little seasalt and herbs (chives, basil or whatever is handy)
Stay tuned for photos on my insta account @erycole
I hope these inspire you! Feel free to share some ideas back with me, I’m always on the lookout!